Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CHILI AGAIN

Hi Dearest Internet buddies, I haven't forgotten you, I promise, I just haven't been very inspired lately.
I fixed my favorite and famous Chili, tonight for supper. I don't know if you read what I wrote about it earlier, but I use the recipe on the back of the Mexene bottle. If I want to make it like a soup(which is what we did tonight), I add cans of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans or black beans whichever I happen to have on hand, and a can of diced green chilies(they have no heat).
Now I am going to give you a very good tip. When your favorite grocery store runs sales on the bags of shredded cheese, buy them and put them in the freezer. Now when you are serving a very hot dish like chili, you top it off with some of your frozen cheese shreds. The cheese will warm up and melt but in doing so, it cools off your chili.
Well that is all that is on my mind for today, but I do want to thank Sandi Beason for linking to me, and all of the other Mississippi Moms who have been reading my ramblings lately.
Oh I almost forgot. I just got an email from Hershey's proclaiming that they can fill all of your holiday needs. On their website they have a really cool recipe feature. My mouth was watering just looking at the pictures.

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

I love shredded cheese, we always have several bags at our house. It's great for wraps.