Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE

I am a big casserole lover, and chicken and rice is probably my favorite. Truly this is always what I want when I am sick, tired, or stressed, it is my comfort food.
You probably already have your own version of this, and if it is different from mine, please do share in the comments.

I always pre-cook my chicken.
I used two chicken breasts, cooked and cut up.
One can of cream of celery soup, one can of chicken broth.
Plenty of garlic
3-Fresh celery stalks, chopped up.
1-Fresh onion-diced
2 Cups Uncle Ben's Brown Rice.
Into a buttered baking dish pour the rice, chicken, onion, garlic & celery.
Pour celery soup into a bowl, and add the chicken broth slowly in small amounts to prevent celery soup lumping up. When all mixed smoothly pour in the dish with the rest.
Stir
Top with a few pats of butter.
Cover with a lid or foil.
Bake at 350 for about an hour or until the rice is done.
Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes to cool.

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

I do something very similar to this; it's my wife's favorite.

If I ever want to get on her good side (or get off of her bad side), forget the flowers; I make this and it works every time.