Friday, October 26, 2007

Tequila Chicken with black beans and rice

Start with boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Apply liberal amounts of garlic salt, and mexene chili powder
Put in pan pour liberal amounts of tequila around the breasts and put in oven to bake at 400 degrees for about an hour.
I also did something really neat with the Uncle Ben's brown rice that I fixed to go with it.
I put the rice in the pot, then added a can of petite diced tomatoes, a can chopped chili's, and a chopped onion. Allowed it to cook the normal amount of time.
Heated up a can of black beans to go with. It turned out really well. Forgot to take a picture.
Don't know if you noticed it or not, but I am just flying blind here.

2 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

That sounds good! What did you do with the rice to jazz it up?

HEATHER said...

Hi, Thanks so much for the comment.
I used Uncle Ben's brown rice, not an instant. I put the uncooked rice into a pot, add to that a can of petite diced tomatos, and a can of green chilis, along with some chopped onion, and a teaspoon of chopped garlic. Also salt and butter as per the instructions on the bag of rice. Cook the normal amount of time for the amount of rice you are cooking, per bag instructions. I usually fix six servings of rice. I imagine that this wouldn't work when fixing two servings, because you would adding too much liquid to the rice. I have probably burnt my family out on chicken and rice(I could eat it every day), so I have to jump through hoops to get them to eat it anymore.