Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year

Hey there, I bet you thought I had forgotten about you, didn't you? Well, I didn't. I just didn't feel that good, and we have been doing an awful lot of take out. Alas, it is a new year and I can only hope to do better.
We had the traditional southern Hoppin John for dinner today. I posted back in October about my version of Hoppin John, and that is basically what we cooked. Only today I used only black-eyed peas instead of mixing them with the black beans. Also, instead of using the pork tenderloin, I used what was left of the Honeybaked Ham from Christmas. First time that has happened in a long time. Since I have been so sick we have had several meals of ham and veggies, simply because it was there, and already cooked, so all I had to do was open and nuke the veggies.
Any way I hope you survived the holidays well.
God Bless!

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

Glad you're feeling better!

So, did you discover any new places to eat out while you were not cooking?

I got Alton Brown's cook book for Christmas; several things I want to try out.